Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Just for Me



Just for Me

by Jocelyn Hollis




Ephesians 1:4 (NIV) tells us that “For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.”  Jeremiah 1:5 (NIV) states that “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart…” As believers, despite all of our sins, flaws, fears and insecurities, which our Omnipotent and Omniscient Heavenly Father knows, HE chose us.  And not only did He choose us, but HE chose us BEFORE this world was formed and fully defined!!


Out of all the generations and millions of people that came before us, out of all the animals that were created, out of all the technological advances that HE permitted to be created by man, HE thought about us, knew us intimately and STILL chose us!
Not only did HE choose us, but HE also states within this chapter of Ephesians that we are redeemed and forgiven.  And, further within this chapter in verse 13, Paul tells us that our Heavenly Father seals us with the Holy Spirit.


Isaiah 46:4 says that “Even to your old age and grey hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you.  I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.”


Our Father has taken care of EVERY possible situation—for believers, there are no loopholes--we need not question our salvation because HE seals us with the Holy Spirit and HE tells us that we are redeemed and forgiven because that is part of HIS plan.   Further, if our God has all of this kind of power, for us as believers, why should we fear, worry, stress and wonder if it’s going to be okay because not only did HE choose us BEFORE the creation of the world to be in HIM, but HE promises to be with us to the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment