Monday, January 14, 2019

TO BE REAL


GOT TO BE REAL



Matthew 15:1-3; 7-9 NIV

Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked,
 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”
Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition?
You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:
“‘These people honor me with their lips,
    but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
    their teachings are merely human rules.’[c]

Psalm 42:1-2 NIV

As the deer pants for streams of water,
    so my soul pants for you, my God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
    When can I go and meet with God?

 

Authenticity.  God is looking for real people, real saints and real Christians today.
Check your heart.  Do you really have a heart for God and the things of God?
Are you just giving lip service, but your heart believes and behaves differently?
You have a chance to start anew, reflect and refresh.
What God has for us is better than what we can give ourselves.


Ask God to search your heart and help you be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment